Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chee Cheong Fun: Physiology benefit or deficit?

Chee Cheong Fun with soy and sambal sauce
Will I get cancer for having too much of Chee Cheong Fun? Or will I gain immunity by having more of it?

No sir/mdm. Please, let's not get too extreme with things here. There’s no good nor harm of Chee Cheong Fun to human body. No studies or any researches have ever proven that it’s good or bad.

Now ask me, ask me: "How then, since it's high in carbo, will I get gastric for having too much of it?"
Good. I believe too much of anything is never a good thing. Tested and verified by me :D consuming it in moderate quantity will not give any gastronomy experience (gastric). This delicious Chee Cheong Fun (the default Cantonese version I meant) can fit in my breakfast, lunch or even dinner.

On a very personal level, it is not a main course of meal, but a tasty ‘snack’ which can help to ‘cure’ my hunger for a short period of time. And it does stimulate my appetite, especially in the morning. Like I said before, I support original recipe, among different types of sauces and filling, having flat sheet of Chee Cheong Fun with dark sweet sauce and some sesame seed is my favorite! Every time I mix them with Chee Cheong Fun, the final dish definitely oozed my taste bud. It perks up my morning. Yum yum-dilly yum! Comparing it to other breakfast such as fried hash brown, Chee Cheong Fun is more nutritious as it contains less fat and lower glycemic index. Besides, it is always served in fresh and must be eaten while it’s hot. Indirectly, it serves as an appetizer to ‘warm up’ my tummy every time before I take a heavier meal.

3 comments:

  1. Ask me along next time you plan to have Chee Cheong Fun as your breakfast, lunch or dinner? Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree.I really like flat sheet Chee Cheong Fun!Having it in a dim sum restaurant is really an enjoyable thing for me,lol...

    ReplyDelete